Are you looking for guidance on how to best support a loved one with disabilities? I meet with families to form strategies around:
- Implementing AAC and other communication supports.
- Creating opportunities for your family member to self-advocate and make independent choices about their lives.
- Planning steps for the future to meet their life goals (including goals around independent living).
IEP & Special Education Consultations
It is important that a student’s Individualized Education Plan (IEP) goals affirm neurodiversity and support the student’s ability to navigate life with a disability, including building self-advocacy skills. I offer consultation services for families and school teams, which include but are not limited to:
- Attending family and IEP team meetings.
- Reviewing documentations.
- Providing general recommendations.
- Proposing IEP goals.
- Forming recommendations to address the organization’s access barriers.
- Developing disability services to be more neurodiversity-affirming and strengths-based.
- Translating materials into plain language or Easy Read texts.
Academic Research Consultations
I am available to consult on academic research projects related to autism, I/DD, and communication disabilities. This could include:
- Providing individual consultations.
- Serving on community boards.
I am available for in-person consultations within the Twin Cities metro area, and online/virtual consultations both within the USA and internationally.
Looking for support with something not listed here? I might be able to help!